Earlier we talked about thethings you need to know before creating a sales websitebut if you already have an e-commerce site, you are probably wondering how to increase online sales.
With this in mind, we have put together some of the main things that most influence a customer’s buying decision.
If you already have a functional e-commerce, with all the necessary settings for user tracking and structured for SEO, believe me, there are still things that can be optimized that can differentiate your business from the competition.
It is essential to have a keen eye for future generations, for current human behavior, and for people’s needs. This makes all the difference in the performance of your digital strategy.
Let’s get down to business:
5 factors that influence online sales
Sustainability and Environment
Today’s consumer is not only impacted by flashy CTAs and low prices. More and more we worry about our future and generations to come.
After all, we know that nobody survives alone and there are things that generate much more value than just products on promotion.
Here is some data from the latest 2022 survey from Similar Web:
- 73% of consumers consider the climate impact when placing an order.
- Stores that prioritize a climate approach have 5.8x faster growth.
Reputation and Community
We have known the power of opinion leaders for a long time, and we are not just talking about digital influencers with millions of followers.
Feedback from micro-influencers and even anonymous influencers (in review forums, for example) impacts the customer’s decision to buy.
Here’s what the poll numbers say:
- By 2021, approximately 70% of online shoppers will read between one and six customer reviews before deciding to make a purchase.
- 61% of online consumers in the US have made a purchase after reading recommendations on a blog.
- 73% of respondents said they discovered new products through videos created by content creators.
- 76% said they found useful information about a brand or product through the same content.
Logistics Made Easy
Often impulse purchases can become a headache. This is why more and more consumers are paying attention to things like exchange and return policies, for example.
We live in increasingly busy days and those who make an online purchase seek convenience. Making the buying process more and more intuitive and simplified greatly impacts purchasing decisions.
Here are some statistics:
- Free delivery was the most influential reason why digital buyers added a product to their basket and bought it.
- Discounts and easy return policies were also important factors that influenced shoppers to buy online.
- 17% were prevented from placing orders due to a complicated checkout process.
Investment in Technology
Consumers are not only concerned about the future of the planet, they are also eager to see what benefits and new things the future can bring to their daily lives.
So, whenever you have opportunities to delight and make your customer’s life easier with quality technology, bet on it!
Here is some data on the subject regarding online sales:
- Augmented reality can also increase sales by 51%.
- 35% of respondents said they would buy more online if trying a product virtually was an option.
- Automated welcome e-mails sent by e-commerce companies had a 51.9% conversion rate.
Integrated Social Networks
That generating content on social networks is important for any business, we already know. But integrating them efficiently with your e-commerce is the real silver lining for online sales.
See what the numbers say about the power of this integration:
- 44% of people use Instagram on a weekly basis to make purchases using the app’s shopping features.
- TikTok users spent $2.3 billion on the app, increasing 77% by 2021.
- 67% of TikTok users said that the app inspired them to shop, even when they didn’t plan to.
We hope you enjoyed this content and can apply the tips in practice. Take advantage and also see how to choose the best type of Google Ads campaign for your company.