If you are looking for a robust e-commerce platform that supports a high number of transactions, there may be many questions!
To help you with this decision, we prepared this text. Here we point out the main features of the 3 most suitable platforms for those seeking a high performance and expect a large number of sales: Magento, Vtex or Woocommerce. After all, which one is the best to invest in? To help you with this decision, today we will show you the pros and cons of these main e-commerce platforms.
Which e-commerce platform to choose?
Starting with the cost comparison, it is worth mentioning that within the three options evaluated here, Woocommerce has a more affordable price. Whereas Vtex and Magento require a slightly higher investment, since they have additional features that require more hours of programming.
Still in the case of Vtex, it is also charged a percentage on sales, which does not happen for those who choose Magento, for example. So, the first tip is: define your budget to hire the service and then search according to your budget!
See now the main differences between Magento, Vtex and Woocommerce.
Ideal for those who expect to meet high demand, because the platform is fully scalable, with robust infrastructure that ensures stability and fits the size of your business.
It is the most used e-commerce platform in the world, being chosen by both small shops and large multinationals like Coca-Cola and HP. The Magento platform supports up to 80,000 work orders per hour and can store more than 500,000 products!
Moreover, in its general panel, the user can still follow information and indicators in real time about their sales, customers and products.
It is worth pointing out that the degree of complexity of implementation and construction, from the infrastructure of a robust server to the development of the code itself, requires the experience of more experienced developers to complete such functions.
- Reference in open source, it is indicated for entrepreneurs who seek flexibility;
- All your e-commerce information is kept private, with no access from third parties;
- Provides a large number of ready-made themes that allow for customization;
- Offers free and advanced SEO resources (redirecting addresses, friendly URLs, support for sitemaps, exclusive meta-tags on product pages, among others);
- Marketplace integration;
- Allows installation of e-mail marketing and SMS extensions;
- Registration of products via API is detailed and complex;
- There are no native modules for communication with the client;
- The creation of this platform requires specific Magento knowledge.
The VTEX e-commerce platform has the advantage of using SaaS technology (Software as a Service). In addition to offering a complete structure, focused on the user experience, it has no customisation limit and has infinite possibilities.
Therefore, this platform is suitable for medium and large companies that already sell on the internet and have a long-term planning.
- Allows customer management and contact – Mobile & Omnichannel;
- Smart Checkout, which helps reduce cart abandonment;
- The software has its own cloud storage – Cloud Software;
- Responsive and adaptable: the layout is flexible and mobile friendly
- Integration with marketplaces;
- Integration with offline shops;
- Allows your shop to be a seller and also marketplace of other VTEX shops
- The control of orders shows those made within 6 months;
- Product registration is more complex than other platforms;
- The percentage charged for completed sales varies according to the billing;
- It is not possible to do the configuration by yourself, but with a partner agency.
WooCommerce is a WordPress plugin that turns your blog into an online shop. It’s great for businesses using the most widely used website builder for businesses. So you need to install WordPress and then the WooCommerce plugin.
About 30% of all online shops, worldwide. The solution is totally flexible and open source, all linked to WordPress. Being simpler and more intuitive, it is possible to count on a lower investment than the others and requires less time from a team specialized in e-commerce.
- It is a free plugin;
- It allows inventory management;
- Allows the creation of coupons and connects to various payment gateways;
- Allows the use of various custom extensions: free or paid;
- Just add content to offer discounts, promotions or just the product.
- It is possible to use tools to improve the speed of WordPress.
- Not recommended for large and robust shops due to limitations;
- It has a limited database;
- Additional extensions require extra investment.
So, what is the best e-commerce platform?
When we talk about the similarities between WooCommerce and Magento, it is worth mentioning that both platforms offer open source products, unlike Vtex.
With open source, the manager can edit and customize the layout and the tools provided in the way they prefer. Both use templates to design and customise the look and feel of your site. Therefore, both WooCommerce and Magento are best for those who seek freedom of customization.
For those who already have a very well structured business and estimate a high traffic and large sales volume, Vtex and Magento are the most suitable platforms, for being very well structured.
Regarding the cost, Woocommerce has more accessible cost with specialized agencies, while Magento and Vtex have higher cost. In the case of Vtex, there is still the cost of monthly commission on sales, which is an important point that needs to be taken into account, especially in the case of high billings.
Also, measuring the results of your shop is key! You need to ensure that its structure is flexible and can handle the growth of the public expected or currently served in physical shops, since sales will certainly grow on the Internet.
With these tips, you will certainly manage to choose the best e-commerce platform for the peculiarities of your business and for your current moment. There is no cake recipe, but there will always be a virtual shop suitable for your company.
If you are looking for a team specialised in creating e-commerce, contact us by clicking here. We are a Marketing Agency, but we have a service focused on creating websites and ecommerces, and we will have the best solutions for your business.